Members of the public are urged to attend Mid-Western Regional Council's (MWRC) meeting on Wednesday 19th to continue to show our support for The Regent.
A Notice of Motion Listed by Cr. Russell Holden which outlines a range of key steps that MWRC can implement to secure Mudgee Theatre.
That Council request staff to:
1. arrange at least one independent valuation of the Regent Theatre building and provide a $10,000 budget funded from unrestricted cash for the purpose of valuation;
2. obtain quotes on the cost of a feasibility study / business case, for the regent theatre including a full life of project cost and benefits analysis;
3. engage in preliminary community consultation on potential uses of the regent theatre;
4. identify if there are any potential operators for the regent theatre and if so, conduct some preliminary discussions with any potential operators;
5. identify a source of funding within Council’s delivery program and Long Term Financial Plan;
6. identify any grant opportunities that exist; and
7. bring back a report to the 18 March 2020 Council meeting which includes due diligence requirements, if the Council were to proceed with the purchase and upgrade of the Regent Theatre
Please read the full Notice of Motion Listed by Cr. Russell Holden which will be discussed here,
Regent Theatre (PDF 158Kb).
Please join us to attend the meeting
Date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
Location 86 Market St, Mudgee NSW 2850, Australia
Thank you to Andrew Burns for creating this image inspired by the recent NSW Heritage listing, the poster shows The Regent on opening night - soon to come!